Category archives for “San Francisco Entertainment Commission”

Act Now If You Need a Permit for Your San Francisco NYE Party!

November 08, 2012

With the election over and the holidays just around the corner, it’s time for alcoholic beverage licensees to start thinking about that New Year’s Eve party you’re planning! The San Francisco Entertainment Commission sent out a notice this week advising anyone planning an event that may need special permitting to act now to make sure everything is in place in time for New Year’s Eve. Permits are needed for a variety of events that are open the public, including outdoor parties that require amplification, events that are scheduled to last until late in the evening, and some types of catered events. Permits are generally not required for private parties but beware: the ABC defines that term narrowly, so licenses or permits may still be needed, depending on the structure of the event.

If you have any doubt about whether your upcoming party may need special permitting, it is worth exploring now before it’s too late. Depending on the type of permit required, an inspection of the premises may be required, and information may need to be reviewed by the Building Department, Fire Department, Police, or Health Department. You can find out more about the requirements and apply for a permit here. Applications for permits can also be dropped off in person at the San Francisco Entertainment Commission’s office in City Hall, Room 453. Applications can take weeks to process, so we recommend looking into these issues now to make sure your event goes off without a hitch!

Contact one of the attorneys at Strike & Techel if you have any questions about permits and events.

Imbiblog is published for general informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. Copyright © 2012 · All Rights Reserved ·


Browse posts by category: